Sunday, August 1, 2010

Invaluable Lesson

I learn an invaluable lesson this morning when I visit my chinese physician.

I have always been skeptical when it comes to believing others, believing their supposedly good intentions, believing that there exist people who derive pleasure purely out of helping others without any ulterior motives, be it monetary gains or in kind.

Clouds of doubts have been hovering in the air for the past 1, 2 months. It is amazing how relieving it can be when these misgivings and uncertainties are finally cleared.

One does not command respect. It is earned. The same goes for confidence. It is invited. Respect and confidence, not forced, and certainly not demanded. Today, my chinese physician has indeed earned both my respect and confidence.

Each experience has its own story to tell. I am willing to share my special episode of experience with friends, with people, who care enough for themselves to believe in me.



No comments:

Post a Comment