Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Favourite Quotes Along the Way

I am just going through "My Clippings" this night while doing some re-org when I discover to my delight, that I have actually added quite a number of favourite quotes from past readings to this text file. They are highlighted as of 14 Feb 2013 right up to 2 May 2014, and then some. Now listed below with timestamp.

Likewise, I will also post them in a separate page from the Home dropdown list, with said list used as a focal point for collection of well-loved quotes.


*****************
Favourite quotes
*****************

Added on Friday, May 2, 2014 10:11:50 AM

Never judge a book by its cover.
It seems what people try to represent on the outside very rarely mirrors their inside.
Beautiful people tend to be ugly, ugly people tend to be beautiful, storms tend to brew below a person’s cool, calm exterior, and tremendously happy people tend to be overcompensating for their own grief.
Nothing is ever really what it seems.

~ The Resurrection of Aubrey Miller
L. B. Simmons

***

Added on Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:34:24 PM

He’s just everywhere but nowhere at all.

~ Connected
Kim Karr

***

Added on Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:11:56 PM

Arguing with Hyrek was like arguing with a dead apple tree—fruitless.

~ Fortune's Pawn
Rachel Bach

***

Added on Wednesday, January 1, 2014 10:50:48 PM

A minute passed. Another. Time slowed to a crawl.
Funny how long a minute can last.
If you're reading a good book, it flies by.
If you're holding your breath, it moves slower than a snail.

~ Clean Sweep
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Monday, December 30, 2013 1:55:27 PM

Magic came from life itself, from the interaction of nature and the elements, from the energy of all living beings, and especially of people.

~ Storm Front
Jim Butcher

***

Added on Monday, December 30, 2013 1:50:23 PM

I looked at the trees. Saw them, not just in the first green coat of spring, but in the full bloom of summer, the splendor of the fall, and the barren desolation of winter, all at the same time.

~ Storm Front
Jim Butcher

***

Added on Monday, December 23, 2013 10:22:25 PM

Louvaen Duenda had an answer for most things and an argument for everything else.
She didn’t debate; she went to war.

~ Entreat Me
Grace Draven

***

Added on Monday, December 23, 2013 10:12:39 PM

“My father’s eyes were also black.” Her full lower lip flattened, and her throat worked to hold back laughter.
“Does the penchant for being hit in the face run in the family? What an odd trait to pass on to your descendents.”

~ Entreat Me
Grace Draven

***

Added on Monday, December 23, 2013 8:55:29 PM

She’s always been a scold in the morning.”
He huffed and raised his tankard in mock toast to Louvaen.
“You must live a life of eternal morning.”

~ Entreat Me
Grace Draven

***

Added on Monday, December 23, 2013 7:05:53 PM

“It isn’t meant to be unless Gavin has seduced you, and you’re lying to me. Then it isn’t an insult, only an insightful question.” Her scowl was fierce. “It best never be an insightful question while you remain unmarried.”

~ Entreat Me
Grace Draven

***

Added on Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:33:07 PM

Understanding dawned on his face, followed by surprise and a chaser of amusement.

~ Elysian Fields
Suzanne Johnson

***

Added on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:44:56 PM

I was frozen between my desire to escape today’s hard truths and a hunger to take the comfort he offered.

~ Royal Street
Suzanne Johnson

***

Added on Saturday, December 7, 2013 12:44:05 PM

Body of an Adonis, brain of an anchovy.

~ Royal Street
Suzanne Johnson

***

Added on Saturday, December 7, 2013 12:11:18 PM

He might be delighted to see me again, but I was two steps shy of panicked.

~ Royal Street
Suzanne Johnson

***

Added on Monday, October 7, 2013 10:00:38 PM

I learned that life is so, so fragile.
I learned that you can know someone for just days and never forget the impression he left on you.
I learned that art can be beautiful and sad at the same time.
I learned that if someone loves you, he’ll wait for you to love him back.
I learned that how much you want something doesn’t determine whether you get it or not, that “no” might not be enough, that life isn’t fair, that my parents can’t save me, that maybe no one can.

~ Shades of Earth
Beth Revis

***

Added on Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:37:45 PM

There are more tales to be told, more spells to be woven, more adventures to be had.
But all stories must “begin at the beginning” and so it is with this one.
So please, let me tell you a story…

~ War Prize
Elizabeth Vaughan

***

Added on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:46:15 PM

Crystal! The worst addiction in the galaxy: difficult to live with and impossible to live without.

~ Crystal Line
Anne McCaffrey

***

Added on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:27:16 PM

"Curran never does anything without a reason,"

~ Magic Bites
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Monday, August 26, 2013 6:58:46 PM

“We just met and she knows me so well.”

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Monday, August 26, 2013 6:58:22 PM

We stopped at the same rack. Two nearly identical swords waited before us, each thirty-two inches long.

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:30:27 PM

“I didn’t think I had a fighting style,” Hugh said. “If it comes within range, I can kill it, but I thought what I did was a hodgepodge of techniques that worked. It’s not something one ponders: what is my special brand of violence? And then I saw you. Admit it, you felt it.”

I did. I’d never before seen anyone who fought like me. We had been completely in sync, so perfectly that the memory of it was disturbing. He looked at me. “I want to experience it again. Spar with me.”

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:29:35 PM

“There are thousands of shapeshifters. Kill a hundred and there are always more. But there hasn’t been another one like you for five thousand years. I would slaughter everyone in that room below for a shot at a single conversation with you.”

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:28:54 PM

“Look at them. They think this gathering is about them, their petty territorial clashes, their problems, their lusts, wants, and needs. They gorge themselves, squabble, and flash their fangs, and all the while they have no idea that it is all about you.”

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:26:38 PM

I backed away until my spine touched Hugh’s.
I had no idea how, but I had known with one hundred percent certainty that his back would be there to brace me.

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:17:44 PM

“So,” Hugh said. “You never told me. Did you like the flowers I sent?”

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:47:55 AM

“You’ll try, and I will enjoy that, too. I meant what I said, Kate. You make me feel that interesting something. That’s rare for me. And I like having you around. You’re funny.”

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:41:08 AM

Hugh opened his mouth. “Uncle.” It wasn’t a surrender. It was a dare.
A year ago I might’ve mistaken it for something else or convinced myself I was reading too much into it, but a year of being in love and being wanted gave me enough of a basis to identify that look.
Hugh was turned on. It wasn’t an act. This was real.
Damn it all to hell. Do not react.

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:47:29 PM

If you ever disappeared, I would leave the Pack and I would look for you until I found you. However long it took.”
I knew he wasn’t lying.

~ Magic Rises
Ilona Andrews

***

Added on Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:52:21 PM

Wounds heal, right?
Memories wash thin.
Broken hearts mend.
That’s how it’s supposed to be. How we survive.

~ Dragonfly
Erica Hayes

***

Added on Saturday, July 20, 2013 11:02:12 PM

“I’m sorry,” he whispered.
Those two words said everything, but told me nothing.

~ The Trouble & Demons
Lisa Shearin

***

Added on Monday, July 15, 2013 10:16:25 PM

I answered by not answering.

~ Armed and Magical
Lisa Shearin

***

Added on Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:14:45 PM

“You’re avoiding my question.” “You’re ignoring my avoiding.”

~ Armed and Magical
Lisa Shearin

***

Added on Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:33:46 PM

My headache had officially arrived and was setting up house between my eyes.

~ Armed and Magical
Lisa Shearin

***

Added on Sunday, July 7, 2013 12:05:30 AM

So close, yet so far.

~ Magic Lost, Trouble Found
Lisa Shearin

***

Added on Monday, June 24, 2013 6:24:42 PM

This land was in my bones.
No matter what the crisis, I was part of this place, tasting it, living it, feeling it.

~ Nightwalker
Allyson James

***

Added on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:25:06 PM

My elation blew away on a cold wind, the heat of the summer day gone.

~ Existence
Abbi Glines

***

Added on Monday, March 25, 2013 11:21:00 PM

I love you but I am not in love with you and I never will be again.
I need to pack and I need to move on with my life.”

~ Never Too Far
Abbi Glines

***

Added on Monday, March 18, 2013 8:05:24 PM

Dead man’s hands slid down my spine, icy cold and full of whispers of darkness to come.

~ Shady Lady
Ann Aguirre

***

Added on Monday, March 18, 2013 6:51:47 AM

‘This too shall pass.’

~ Shady Lady
Ann Aguirre

***

Added on Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:09:10 PM

The eyes were the windows to the soul.

~ Shady Lady
Ann Aguirre

***

Added on Saturday, March 2, 2013 4:09:48 PM

Blue eyes stared at me for a long minute, something unreadable swimming in their depths.

~ Shadow Kin
M. J. Scott

***

Added on Saturday, March 2, 2013 4:04:10 PM

One corner of his mouth lifted and a dimple cracked to life in his cheek.

~ Shadow Kin
M. J. Scott

***

Added on Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:21:17 PM

And that’s one of the reasons why I’m taking a chance on him.
He doesn’t put me inside a padded box to protect me.
He gives me my freedom.
He lets me be me.

~ The Shattered Dark
Sandy Williams

***


No comments:

Post a Comment