Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Review: Fixed on You (Fixed Trilogy #1) by Laurelin Paige


Did Not Finish Fixed on You (Fixed Trilogy book 1) by Laurelin Paige.

Why I choose to read Fixed on You is because the Fixed Trilogy by Laurelin Paige has generated more than 1,600 5-stars review and minimal 3-stars at last check. I tell myself that this trilogy must surely be awesome to give rise to such high review rating. But apparently, I fall under the outlier as I not only do not enjoy the story, I give up reading at less than half the book at 40%.

One, I dislike reading cliche plots as they are overused and over-exaggerated to the point of being stale or annoying. Two, I find it hard to abide by stories with main characters that jump each other within 24 hours of meeting. And Fixed on You is exactly that.

On a fair note, this romance story is smooth flowing and relatively well written. It just happens not to be my cup of tea. I would give it 2 stars for my 40% worth of time.

Publisher: Laurelin Paige
Publication date: 24 Jun 2013

@}-->>-->>-----

Stalking and restraining orders are a thing of Alayna Wither’s past. With her MBA newly in hand, she has her future figured out—move up at the nightclub she works at and stay away from any guy who might trigger her obsessive love disorder. A perfect plan.

But what Alayna didn’t figure on is Hudson Pierce, the new owner of the nightclub. He’s smart, rich, and gorgeous—the kind of guy Alayna knows to stay away from if she wants to keep her past tendencies in check. Except, Hudson’s fixed his sights on her. He wants her in his bed and makes no secret of it. Avoiding him isn’t an option after he offers a business proposition she can’t turn down and she’s drawn further into his universe, unable to resist his gravitational pull.

When she learns Hudson has a dark history of his own, she realizes too late that she’s fallen for the worst man she could possibly get involved with. Or maybe their less than ideal pasts give them an opportunity to heal each other and finally find the love their lives have been missing.

*Blurb from author's website*

Links to purchase:

icon icon


No comments:

Post a Comment