Thursday, April 17, 2014

Review: Against All Odds (Against #1) by Angie McKeon


1 star for Against All Odds (Against book 1) by Angie McKeon.

I happen to chance upon Against All Odds months before the book is published and am deeply drawn by the wistful and melancholy synopsis. Like a moth attracted to light, I added this book to my to-be-read list immediately and waited patiently for its release.

Some books are worth the world waiting for. Regrettably and disappointingly, Against All Odds is not one of them. The story starts off ok but becomes sluggish and lackluster after the second chapter.

It becomes almost too painful and tedious to continue reading at some point in time as there are too many tiresome repetitive scenes with the characters trapped in a vicious circle of the same recurring issues for unfounded, irrational reasons. Likewise, some of these issues are not properly addressed and leave the reader downright dissatisfied after reading.

This book is definitely one whereby I would have love to slap the characters all the way to Sunday and back.

Against All Odds could have been better developed if the author has spent more time on background story, added age and maturity to the characters and of course, cut the repetition.

Publisher: Angie McKeon
Publication date: 1 Apr 2014

@}--->>--->>-----

Our lives shattered... Our hearts broken... Our souls torn to pieces...

He was my world, my whole life. My reason for breathing. I had a perfect marriage, a baby on the way, and I felt fulfilled—almost invincible.

Until the day life hit, leaving me broken, vulnerable, and alone.

She was my life. My ray of hope on the cloudiest day. With her, I thought I had the ultimate safety. A love that would never hurt or betray me. I gave her my heart, my body, and my soul.

Until she broke me, destroying every dream and illusion I had about life, love, and marriage.

In our grief, we made a mistake. A mistake I'm not sure we can come back from.

*Blurb from author's website*

Links to purchase:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment