Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review: There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness #1) by Claire Contreras


4.5 stars for There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness book 1) by Claire Contreras.

I have reservations on reading this book initially as I am not a great fan of New Adult genre. On giving this book a flip, it turns out that I got addicted by chapter 4 and cannot stop reading till late into the night. As it is, I spend bulk of my 3 hour road trip home reading and yes, I finish reading this weepy heartrending story of secrets, truth and love.

I adore the way the author crafted some of the amazing phrases, especially the last sentence in the final paragraph. What more perfect way to conclude a story but using back its own story title.

Publisher: Claire Contreras
Publication Date: 2 Dec 2013

*** Favorite quote 1 ***

In the end, he hurt me more than I hurt him.
I broke his heart, but he tore mine into a million pieces.
Even if I wanted to piece it back together, I would never find them all because he would always be holding some.

*** Favourite quote 2 ***

No matter what you go through in life, don’t be afraid to love.
Loving is the only thing that keeps us sane.
If it weren’t for love, the suffering we experience wouldn’t be worth it.
If it weren’t for the suffering, we wouldn’t cherish the good things life gives us.
Sometimes it’ll seem as though life only knocks you down, but you have to learn to pick yourself up and fight back.

*** Favourite quote 3 ***

My eyes begin to shut heavily -- once, twice, then a third time.
I open them one last time as I try to search for light, but I know I'll never find it,
because there is no light in darkness.

~ There is No Light in Datkness
Claire Contreras

@}--->>--->>-----

A past hidden in darkness. Her present cloaked in secrets. The future holds the only truth that cannot be escaped.

After the mysterious and violent death of her parents, Blake Brennan finds comfort with an unconventional family. As the dramatic loss of her parents continues to haunt her—and hinders her from reciprocating love that others give freely—Blake embarks on a harrowing journey in search for the truth.

Living in a constant state of fear and need for control, vivid nightmares reveal details that lead to perilous situations. The past begins to collide with the present, and Blake must decide if the truth is worth losing the ones she loves.

Can love conquer all as her past comes to light? Or will Blake realize that there is no light in darkness?

*Blurb from Goodreads*

Links to purchase:

icon icon


No comments:

Post a Comment