Sunday, March 16, 2014

Review: Arsen by Mia Asher


5 stars for Arsen by Mia Asher.

This contemporary romance is so captivating and engaging that it has me hooked and staying up till 3am to finish. It is an exquisitely written book that now owns a piece of my heart.

Arsen is a poignant, heart wrenching love story, filled with intense emotional turmoil and harsh reality. I feel as if I am one with Cathy as raw pain gripped her time and again through the recurring pregnancy loss. Cathy's self destruction, her showdown night with Ben and her bearing of truth the following morning make me sob and weep infinite tears of sadness.

Then just as I think the story will end as I have come to expect, the author throws me completely off the grid by granting Arsen a voice. It is so bittersweet yet tender that I am left confused and not sure who I want to root for anymore: Ben or Arsen?

Publisher: Mia Asher
Publication Date: 2 Dec 2013

*** Favourite quote 1 ***

They say being in love and loving someone are two different things.
Falling in love with someone is easy.
It's loving when the newness has worn off, when life gets tough, when things get in the way, when physical passion is gone, that true love remains. When love conquers it all.
When you fall out of love, it doesn't mean that you stop loving someone. They just don't make your heart beat faster.
You don't crave them until you don't know where they end and begin.
I don't know that I ever fall out of love with Ben, But I do know that I fell in love with Arsen along the way...

*** Favourite quote 2 ***

He was the fire that burned my marriage down to ashes, but in those ashes, hope was reborn.
He healed me.
Arsen.

*** Favorite quote 3 ***

Love is infinite.
There is no beginning and no end.
There is no starting point and no finishing line.
Love just is.
Love is born, grows, matures, and sometimes it dies.
But the memory will remain with you for the rest of your breathing hours.
You fall in love, you fall out of love.
But you will love again.
You always do.

~Arsen
Mia Asher

@}--->>--->>-----

One glance was all it took…

I'm a cheater.
I'm a liar.
My whole life is a mess.

I love a man.
No, I love two men…
I think.

One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

But I can't stop. This is my story.
My broken love story.

*Blurb from Goodreads*

Links to purchase:

icon


No comments:

Post a Comment