Sunday, November 21, 2010

13 Nov 2010: Day 9 - France (Paris)


This morning, we go for the optional tour of visiting the Lourve Museum.

Dan Brown's book "The Da Vinci Code" comes to my mind the moment I step into the Lourve Museum. With each step I take, I wonder how he must have felt when he visits the museum and subsequently coming up with such an imaginative and thrilling storyline.


After the trip to the Lourve Museum, we go shopping at Lafayette from 2pm to 8pm. I buy two more LV bags: a N41108 Cabas Rivington Damier Ebene and a M95565 Montorgueil PM. Sadly, at the time of our visit, there is a quota on the number of LV bags each tourist can buy, and each passport is entitled to only one LV bag purchase. So, I find myself blessed and very lucky indeed when one of the tour couples willingly offer to lend me their passport so that I can buy 1 more bag of my choice.

Just before lunching at McDonalds Lafayette at Level 4, I buy 2 longchamp bags: a black shoulder strap bag and a brown tote bag. It is relatively easy deciding on the black shoulder strap bag as it is available in one size and colour only. I know that is the right bag for me at one glance. But it is a torture deciding which colour to get for the tote bag because the shop has black, brown and greyish green, all very nice colours. I think I spend like 30 minutes in the shop, plainly taking turns holding up the different coloured tote bags and posing in front of the full length mirror, back and forth, back and forth.

Later in the afternoon, I buy my last bag in Lafayette, a Lancel bag. I know this bag is meant for me the moment I set my eyes upon it; the design, the colour, everything about it, is just so me. A latest August 2010 design, I feel as if this bag is calling out to me, recognising me as the rightful owner. So there goes another shopping charge of eur 790 to my card.

After the day's shopping, hubby and I go for a good dinner at the Szechuan restaurant at Lafayette level 6. We share a Tim Sum meal and some nice chinese food. By then, I am very tired from all the standing, walking and browsing of bags. Tired but extremely pleased and happy from all my purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment