Thursday, July 22, 2010

China Roses

I am pretty sure you will remember what I have said before. This is one of my favourite songs, from album "Paint the Sky with Stars", Track #7: China Roses. Coincidentally, 7 is my favourite number and rose is my favourite flower. Do you remember the Holland rose? It is bigger than the usual rose with deep crimson red petals.  When it is my time, I want it to be decked in cheerful colours, in red and pink, not white. Who says it must be all serious, sad and sombre? *** Everyone has their own ideas of Heaven. What creates the beauty of the world is the love we have for it, connected to memories, wishes, desires. For each of us it is a different treasure we embrace - a changing sky, the crimson flower of the Keys of Heaven, a love token, the endless delight of fairy-tales, the ever-shifting pictures of our world that we find in the words of poets. For each one of us a different love becomes our own woo of dreams. ~Roma Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment