Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Review: When I Was a Kid 3: Childhood Stories by Boey


5 stars for When I Was a Kid 3: Childhood Stories by Boey.

This book is not your usual kind of book book. It is a short series of funny drawings with a small amount of writing that tell a story, or rather many short stories. Basically, it reads like a continuing story in comic-strip form.

I have a great time and many good laughs reading Boey's childhood stories. It comes especially handy when I want to read something but am sufficiently distracted enough to concentrate on reading a full-fledged novel.

The only drawback is this book 3 is not available for sale in Amazon, be it in kindle or paperback format. I feel really lucky to have come across this book (and yes! book 4 as well) in the library. The cute drawings and uniquely hilarious slice of life really make my day. Scratch that. Make my night, since I read them mostly at night, right before my bedtime.

Good news from Google and my googling! This book is available for purchase in Kinokuniya Malaysia.


Publisher: Cheeming Boey
Publication date: Dec 2014

@}--->>--->>-----

Once upon a time there was a boy who grew up on a bird farm in Malaysia. These are stories of his chilhood, stories which he once thought were unique to him. This book is equal part words to equal part drawings; perfect for those who doesn't love to read.

*Blurb from Goodreads*

Add to:


Links to purchase:
Kinokuniya Malaysia


No comments:

Post a Comment