Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Review: Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris


Did Not Finish Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris.

I have finally read the book that everyone seems to be raving about since its 2016 debut. A story about the wife of a brilliant lawyer, a perfect example of a woman who has it all — the perfect house, the perfect husband, the perfect life. Or so she says...

I read and read and read. At 30% into the story, there is still nothing about the plot or the characters that fascinates me. I am bored to tears and I wonder if I should struggle on or give up reading. So, I start a thread asking for opinions from readers alike, and I am shocked at the overwhelming response of so many who not only share the exact same sentiments as myself, but go a step further to dislike this story to the core.

Yes, the plot turns from moderately interesting to a bit far-fetched to the point of absurd. How is it even possible that the protagonist, a woman who is independent, resourceful and capable of earning her keep for the past thirteen years, suddenly turns into a doormat at the drop of a hat? Sorry to say, it is just so ridiculously unbelievable.

To the peeps from FB book group "What Should I Read Next", thank you for the vote of confidence in helping me with the decision to stop reading before my dislike for this story turns into something worse for the time invested.

Hmm.. so what's next? What should I read next?


Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Publication date: 5 Mar 2019

@}--->>--->>-----

Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love.

Picture this: a dinner party at their perfect home, the conversation and wine flowing. They appear to be in their element while entertaining. And Grace's friends are eager to reciprocate with lunch the following week. Grace wants to go, but knows she never will. Her friends call—so why doesn't Grace ever answer the phone? And how can she cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim?

And why are there bars on one of the bedroom windows?

The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?

*Blurb from Goodreads*

Add to:


Links to purchase:



No comments:

Post a Comment