Sunday, November 12, 2017

Review: Marked (Mindspace Investigations #3) by Alex Hughes


5 stars for Marked (Mindspace Investigations book 3) by Alex Hughes.

It has been three years. Three long years since I see the world through the eyes of a Level Eight telepath. I have almost forgotten how it feels, the pains and the gains, to be able to get into and out of the deepest part of people's minds quickly and without them knowing. However, I do remember with vivid clarity the wonders of Mindspace; it feels as if I have returned home.

Truth is, I have been afraid of reaching the inevitable, the end of Mindspace Investigations series. And so, I procrastinate reading the books, year after year after year, in the hope of seeing more instalments forthcoming. Well, it seems like I am in for a disappointment. But a girl can always hope, right?

In this book 3, our protagonist is caught in a power struggle of epic Guild proportions, for a dangerous cause that he has nothing to do with. To make matters worse, trouble is brewing and no one understands what that madness is or how it transmits: waterborne or airborne or via deep-mind contact. To each his own, all telepaths including our Boy Wonder will have to do whatever it takes to survive.

Well.. since this series is told from Boy Wonder's first person point of view, I know with absolute certainty that he will never die in any of the stories. My only concern is that the series itself die out; if or when it happens, I shall be absolutely devastated. Right now, I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let's hope that the author has plans to continue with more books.

Coming up next in the queue.. Bingo! Book 4 Vacant; the latest book since 2014 that I have known to be published and available.


Publisher: Ace
Publication date: 1 Apr 2014

*** Favourite quote 1 ***

Thoughts were such a rich medium, well beyond words, and for the first time I had cause to hate that fact.

*** Favourite quote 2 ***

An idea started to pick up its head from the back of my mind, but when I reached for it, it spooked and ran away. It would be back.

~ Marked
Alex Hughes

@}--->>--->>-----

Forsee no evil.

Freelancing for the Atlanta PD isn’t exactly a secure career; my job’s been on the line almost as much as my life. But it’s a paycheck, and it keeps me from falling back into the drug habit. Plus, things are looking up with my sometimes-partner, Cherabino, even if she is still simmering over the telepathic Link I created by accident.

When my ex, Kara, shows up begging for my help, I find myself heading to the last place I ever expected to set foot in again—Guild headquarters—to investigate the death of her uncle. Joining that group was a bad idea the first time. Going back when I’m unwanted is downright dangerous.

Luckily, the Guild needs me more than they’re willing to admit. Kara’s uncle was acting strange before he died—crazy strange. In fact, his madness seems to be slowly spreading through the Guild. And when an army of powerful telepaths loses their marbles, suddenly it’s a game of life or death.

*Blurb from author's website*

Add to:


Links to purchase:



No comments:

Post a Comment