Sunday, October 1, 2017

Review: Grave Ransom (Alex Craft #5) by Kalayna Price


4 stars for Grave Ransom (Alex Craft book 5) by Kalayna Price.

After having spent weeks and weeks on historical fiction, I realise I miss the urban fantasy settings. Going through my long list of to-be-read, I finally decide to settle on Grave Ransom as this is one of the series that I am rather confident of granting me the fix I need.

Mortal reality. Faerie magic. Planeweaver. Grave essence. Welcome to the world of Alex Craft where shades are just memories animated with magic and where one sees with mind more than with eyes.

Then, there is this Death or Grim Reaper or soul collector; whatever name he goes by does not matter as he just reminds me of sorrow and secrets and duty. So far, I have not yet come across another author who can turn the Grim Reaper into such an alluring character that I look forward to every scene where he makes his appearance. Death certainly melts my heart. Goodness me.. what a paradoxical statement! But in Alex Craft series, it is so real and so true.

Tongues for the dead where the grave holds no secrets, where there is suspense and mystery, horror and humour, fantasy and romance; I certainly look forward to the next instalment.


Publisher: Ace
Publication date: 4 Jul 2017

@}--->>--->>-----

Grave witch Alex Craft is no stranger to the dead talking. She raises shades, works with ghosts, and is dating Death himself. But the dead walking? That’s not supposed to happen. And yet reanimated corpses are committing crimes across Nekros City.

Alex’s investigation leads her deep into a web of sinister magic. When Briar Darque of the Magical Crimes Investigation Bureau gets involved, Alex finds herself with an unexpected ally of sorts. But as the dead continue to rise and wreak havoc on the living, can she get to the soul of the matter in time?

*Blurb from author's website*

Add to:


Links to purchase:



No comments:

Post a Comment