Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Review: The Ghoul Vendetta (SPI Files #4) by Lisa Shearin


2 stars for The Ghoul Vendetta (SPI Files book 4) by Lisa Shearin.

I finish reading this book more than five days ago. I know I should have found time to write and post my review before I indulge in the next book. But I choose to procrastinate. One day becomes two. Two becomes three. And before I know it, I am at the last two chapters of the next book and I still have not reviewed The Ghoul Vendetta yet. Truth is, for the life of me, I have no idea what to write. I am at a loss for words!

As you can guess from the above, yes, I do not have an enjoyable time with this book. The first half of the story is still acceptable, but as I read along, I find myself getting restless and flipping the pages faster and faster. There is pretty much nothing new. Nothing exciting. As usual, Agent Makenna Fraser and her partner, Ian, are back in action to tackle the criminal creatures that go bump in the night. So, what's new? Zilch.

On a fair note, the story content is fine and the writing is good. But somehow, the story just comes across as uneventful and I am bored to tears. There you have it. My review. Not a great one but it is the long and short of it.


Publisher: Ace
Publication date: 31 Jan 2017

@}--->>--->>-----

The agents of Supernatural Protection & Investigations (SPI) are paid to keep the peace. But that’s not so easy when an endless evil threatens to tear that peace to pieces…

A vampire gangster’s nephew is abducted off his yacht by a bunch of low-rent Creatures from the Black Lagoon. A slew of banks are knocked over by what looks like the cast of Night of the Living Dead. All of this may seem like the movies, but, I promise you, it’s not.

I’m Makenna Fraser, seer for SPI, and I know the culprits aren’t wearing disguises or makeup. They’re real. Deadly real. Especially their leader—an ancient shapeshifter who leaves a trail of chaos and blood in his wake. Now, he’s taken my partner, Ian—and his intentions aren’t pretty.

The worst part? This is only the beginning…
The beginning of the end of the human race.

*Blurb from author's website*

Add to:


Links to purchase:



No comments:

Post a Comment