Thursday, February 12, 2015

Review: Hot Six (Stephanie Plum #6) by Janet Evanovich


5 stars for Hot Six (Stephanie Plum book 6) by Janet Evanovich.

Aye, so I cheated. I steal a peek at the prologue of Hot Six right after I am done with book 5 High Five. But I can hardly be blamed what with the curiously abrupt and melodramatic way book 5 concludes and highpoints in.

The suspense is killing me. I want to know. Scratch that. I need to know. I simply must know which man Stephanie has selected from her drawn lot. That Stephanie actually cheats and peeks when she picks between the 2 scraps of paper, one with Joe’s name and Ranger’s on the other, makes it even more sensational and electrifying.

And then once I know who the lucky man is, I close the book with a happy sigh. But truth be told, I will have been happier if Stephanie has chosen the man I have in mind. As for the rest of the book, I take my own sweet time reading and finally finish it one day short of a month from my completion of book 5 High Five.

With a few new characters thrown in, Hot Six sees all the usual likeable characters in action. In Reader’s Digest condensed version, Stephanie goes after Morris Munson, a Failure to Appear (FTA), worries about Ranger, a man of mystery also known as Ricardo Carlos Manoso and wonders about Morelli, a man who makes her heart skip a beat but yet is going nowhere as to the status of their relationship. Mix in some humour, especially one where it is not a good idea to mess with a woman who has a zit on her chin, and there we have it, Hot Six as hot as can be with a dash of the possibility of marriage on the cards for our dear heroine.

Six books in tow, I wonder if I will ever get tired of Stephanie Plum. I doubt so. Seriously, I don’t think so. Not any time soon. And I am usually right. Let’s just hope so.

Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
Publication date: 1 Apr 2010

@}--->>--->>-----

Stephanie Plum’s mentor, Ranger, was last seen on video, just minutes before the youngest son of an international black-market arms dealer is murdered. Now the arms dealer is hunting down Ranger, as well as anyone who gets in his way. Trenton vice cop Joe Morelli is also looking for Ranger, listing him as the number one suspect in the crime. And Stephanie wants to find Ranger, and take him down in more ways than one.

If thoughts of Ranger aren’t enough to keep Stephanie awake at night, her two new roommates can help. Stephanie is now sharing her apartment with her maternal grandmother, and a giant dog with an eating disorder. Something is going to have to give.

*Blurb from author's website*

Add to:


Links to purchase:

icon icon


No comments:

Post a Comment